Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Way Behind

Ok - So I realize I'm way behind on the weekly blogging and I need to do a "thing" this month.

I have some legitimate excuses for my tardiness: (Don't I always?)
1. I started teaching a new prep - Sociology. It has consumed my life. I've been waiting my whole career to teach this. I love it, but have been at school every night until about 5 pm figuring out what I'm going to do the next day. In fact, right now, I should be figuring out what I plan to do tomorrow instead of doing this.
2. I got MONO and STREP Throat. Because I'm not totally prepared (see above) I've acually missed very little school considering the Dr. told me to rest for 2-3 wks. - right! Sub plans are way more of a pain than actually showing up tired.

I do have one cool thing to share and I'm not sure if I wrote about it already. I Found it on Classroom 2.0, I think when I was doing Thing #13. I'm actually going to show it in class tomorrow. See the link below - would be timely to show for MILI class as well:

Hi,Check out this cool presentation on SlideShare:Title: "The Micro-Sociology of Networks"Link: http://www.slideshare.net/darmano/the-microsociology-of-networksharvieuxr@district112.org (I e-mailed it to myself, hense the last part)

Second thing I can write about: The NCSS publication Social Education just came, and guess what the title of this month's edition is - "Social Studies 2.0: Thinking, Connecting and Creating w/Technology". I need to go faciliate our Dept. Mtg., so I guess I'll read about it later.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I'm glad you were able to find a presentation from slideshare to use -- it is great when you don't have to reinvent the wheel! Or at least when you are able to take parts of other wheels to make your own ...

It is so cool you are so excited to teach sociology -- have fun!